Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It ain't the heat...

I truly believe that, Its the humidity. I go out side and its 96 with a breeze blowing and low humidity... thats ok in my book but when its 96 with the average Delaware Humidity of say 3000%...that gets old quick.


When I was young, it just didnt matter for some reason, we were outside playing no matter what, it never seemed to bother us (plus we could always hop in the creek). I can’t tell you when it began to be noticed but at the grand old age of Fluuffelnuffelflurf It begins to matter.


Why isnt Delaware covered with jungle? I mean It seems we get the heat and humidity but not the bananas and the monkeys...we got jipted. Why aren't there vine covered Ziggurats in Middletown? How about one bit of Delaware folklore about a Claymont boy raised by apes... there has to be some sort of pay off.


People who have moved away or live in other parts of the countries think i am exaggerating but I tell you, people who live in Jungle ridden countries complain about the heat and humidity here in Delaware.


I like to think its a Jersey generated Suck vortex that draws the moisture from the rest of the east coast, but then I blame Jersey for everything.

4 comments:

DGags said...

My mom was in class with a student from Nigeria who responded to a teacher's complaint about Nigerian weather with "Philadelphia in July is much much worse!"

Anonymous said...

I will say this: southwest Florida is much, much worse. It's 96 with 95% humidity every day for 6 months. It's why I now live in Delaware.

Anonymous said...

SW FL is worse but I thought coming north would mean low humidity so I feel your pain!!

Wren nests in... said...

HEY!!! (says the Southernmost New Jersey resident...)